Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So I am 31 today and it seems a lot like 30 or 24. Not really too worried about my age as I am the age of my children. Anna and I watched Marley and Me last night (actually the dog reminds me of our daughter Marley, both are wild and don't listen). For those who have seen it, the movie is looking back at the life of a couple and their family. It is a great movie and had me reflecting on the last few years of my life. I can believe I am 31, I can't believe I have a 5 year old boy. Wow how the time flies. The last six years have brought me a huge amount of joy. I have been blessed with 3 wonderful children and an amazing wife (when she isn't pregnant). Built a house, bought a minivan (lol) and got to go on THEE vacation of my lifetime; a trip to Chicago and 2 games at Wrigley field (my Disneyland and the happiest place on earth). Even a chance to see George Michael in concert (you know you had a Faith tape). Here's hoping the next six years slows down a bit and are as good as the last six. Thanks for all the birthday wishers and the many happy birthday songs I got the privilege to listen to. We're talking about some real talented voices.

Luke

15 comments:

Terrence and Kestlee said...

Happy birthday Luke! I can't believe that you are 31 either. That's old!!

I have always loved sharing my birthday with you. You know that you were my idol, right? I'm sure it was hard to ignore the little girl wearing a Ryne Sandberg t-shirt and cubs hat, mimicking your every move.

Hope your day is great!

Andra said...

Happy happy birthday, Luke! I know, it's weird to think that not too long ago we were kids, and now you HAVE kids (and a minivan, I never thought I'd see the day) :) Crazy.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Love,
Andra and Leher

Anna and Luke said...

Kes, you make me laugh. I always thought it was the coolest thing to share our birthday on such a great holiday.

Andra, I hate submarine movies!

Shawn said...

I'll save you from our "talented voices" and leave you with a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the Christensen fam! We hope your day is fantabulous!

Shawn

Andra said...

Luke, I know, me too, except for the Abyss..... beep.....beep....

Here, have some of this cake we won.... :)

luker2324 said...

So sad i didn't get the full effect Shawn. I fully expect it next year.

Andra, we had like 15 cakes. Did we eat them all?

And for the record, everyone should have been wearing a Ryne Sandberg t-shirt. We were just the cool ones.

April Miner said...

you're not fooling anyone, you ARE old. :)

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

Always older than you? How about that, and I thought we were friends! Hope it was a good one, as time just flies from here...I can actually see 40 looming somewhere out there!
Jaymie

luker2324 said...

J, Lets face it. 40 isn't just looming for you, it's just around the corner.

Susy said...

I don't know what you're worried about Luke...Todd's a freakin fogie compared to you! Oh wait I guess I'm older than you too. ;)

HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!!

Anna and Luke said...

Susy, you're both fogies.

Soleil said...

Hello sweet brother. I love you.

Autumn said...

Happy Happy Birthday! And I'm with you on the next few years slowing down a bit. Sometimes all I feel like I'm doing is waking up and going to bed.

Anna and Luke said...

Amen to that Autumn!

The said...

hey anna, good to see your familiar face out here on the interweb. Looks like life is treating you well.. I'm pleased you visit old harvey ralph every now and then... Farewell. Drew